Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Harry Potter

So, I know I'm a little late... I just read the Harry Potter books now... I thought that they would be nerdy, lame and too 'witchy' for me, but I finally read them because I felt culturally illiterate among many of my friends... (And I thought they were really good... So I guess I was wrong. But even Dumbledore was wrong sometimes, so its ok.) Anyway, Sloan and I both finished reading them this week/last week...

Last night, we were in Sloan's bedroom, and Peyton asked how Harry's parents died.

"You want to know how they die?! I'LL SHOW YOU HOW THEY DIE! Sloan, I'll be Voldemort, you be Lily. That pillow on your bed can be Harry. See this pair of chopsticks lying randomly on your shelf? I'll use one as my wand. Ready? Set, GO!"

Sloan played her part wonderfully.

"NO!!!!! NOT HARRY!!!! TAKE ME INSTEAD!!! DON'T HURT POOR LITTLE HHAAAAAARRRRYYY!!!!"

"Stand aside, woman! I do not need to kill you! Your death in not necessary! Stand aside and you will be unharmed!"

"NOOOOOOOO!!!! DON'T KILL HARRY!!!!!!!!"

At this point, I remembered that even though it was really fun to act out death scenes from Harry Potter, it was 9pm and charter was on the other side of the door trying to sleep.

"K, Sloan? Lets finish the rest of the story a little quieter, k?"

"NOOOO!!! I WILL NOT BE SILENCED!!! LILY WASN'T QUIET WHEN VOLDEMORT WAS ABOUT TO KILL HER BABY! I WILL NOT BE QUIET!"

The next few seconds are a blur... I don't remember what exactly happened, but one of us shouted, "HOW DARE YOU?!" And she leaped off the bed and grabbed the second chopstick off of the shelf. Before I had time to register what had happened, we were both standing, panting, pointing chopsticks at each other. Then, at the exact same moment, we both yelled at each other, "AVADA KEDAVRA!"

We sat there in shock for a few seconds before collapsing on the floor in hysterical laughter.

Yep. Nerds.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked the books after all :) You guys are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! You two are so funny :) Scott and I casts spells all the time. So I guess we're nerds too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a typical evening of cultural enrichment in the downstairs bedroom. Makes me miss old MURPHY...

    ReplyDelete