Don't you love when you have friends that make you think? And when, hopefully, you return the favor? I think those are the best relationships. The ones that encourage growth.
A friend of mine wrote the other day about revolution.
Before you read any farther, go read his post. I'll wait here: http://themotifandusurpedtime.wordpress.com/2013/01/01/too-small-for-my-feet
Okay, see what I was getting at? Thinking. Good.
So, I've thought a lot about choosing happiness. Choosing joy. Overthrowing the system of oppression.
If you've read my past entries from November, you know that I've been in a state of happiness and joy the past couple months. I'm being so filled to overflowing with joy that overthrowing 'the system' is coming naturally. So I've been thinking: If it's so easy for me to choose this, why not other people? I know I have friends that would scoff at the idea that someone could simply CHOOSE to be happy. And I have other friends that just are happy all the time.
So, the other night, I was sitting in my room. Listening to music. Not even really thinking about this specifically, but somewhat thinking along these lines, and a line from a song jumped out at me.
"Let LOVE explode and bring the dead to life / LOVE so bold to see a revolution somehow."
And I remembered, that was the turning point for me. Realizing love. That's where my happiness stemmed from.
So where does the depression stem from? Maybe the world is in a constant state of refusing love.
Choosing happiness? Maybe it is that simple. But to *truly* be happy? I think the world needs to come to the realization that they are loved.
"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."
I think love is at the root of all happiness.
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment