I want 2015 to be a year of wonder.
Maybe that's my "word" this year.
Last year it was Delight.
Anne exemplifies wonder so well:
"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it?"
Guys, God is *so* faithful.
When I think of all the ways He's revealed Himself to me this year and all the years before, it blows my mind to think that there are still thousands of things to discover and endless more reasons to fall in love with Him.
When I think of everything I'm going to learn and find out about this year, I feel nervous and ecstatic.
How is He going to stretch and grow me? How is He going to show me He loves me? Where will He take me?
In school I'm going to learn how to start an IV on someone. What medications do what and what to give someone that could save their life. How the body fights when it's hurt. How babies grow and how to take care of their mothers. How to carry someone through the last days of their life. How to protect their first days.
But I'm also going to learn about myself. How much I can take. What my "thing" is. (apparently every nurse has a "thing" they can't handle)
Who I am, deeper than I've known up till now. What my purpose is. Where I fit. Where I don't.
But this year will not hold all of the answers. I might become a nurse this year, but I won't learn everything there is to know about nursing.
I might learn 10,000 things about God's character, but I won't come anywhere near seeing all of His glory.
I might have revelation after revelation about who I am, but I'll change and have to start over again and again.
Through all my finding out, I never want to lose my wonder - or my desire to keep finding out. I never want to reach satisfaction in my knowledge.
It's going to be a good year, full of finding out and full of wonder at who my God is, who He created me to be, and where He's placed me.
And I cannot wait.
"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive." - L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables.
It's so exciting to become what He is making us....
ReplyDelete