So, yesterday I had my big christmas jam... Y'know, we all go around the circle, name a song, and play it...
Close to the end, someone suggested I Saw Three Ships. If you were at Fiddle Fantasia you would remember the Irish dancing during that song? None of the Irish dancers were there.
All of a sudden, I look up, and Mollen is standing in front of EVERYBODY (There were probable 40 or so fiddlers pluss all the parents) trying to do an Irish Jig!
At first it was ok... I kept playing... But as her dance became more intence, and more un-Irish, I found myself not playing anymore, and laughing so hard that I had tears steaming down my face... I do have a tendancy to start sobbing uncontrollably when I laugh. When the song was over, and everyone else joined me in not playing, my friend turns to me, 'Does your sister do irish dancing?'
'NO! That's what makes it so funny!'
Mollen walks back to my mom, "I love my moves... If they do a slow song, I'll just throw in some ballet..."
No. She doesn't do ballet either...
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Funny girl!
ReplyDeleteHow fun it must be to not be shy!...to just be a five year old having fun so unselfconciously!
ReplyDelete