Before I tell you my story, you need to know a few facts...
A. My mom broke her knee.
B. My mom has to walk with crutches.
C. My mom is not so great at walking with her crutches.
Anyway, to my story.
While me and mom were cleaning up after lunch, someone rang our doorbell. I walked over to answer the door, and mom followed, a little slower, on her crutches.
After talking with whoever it was at our door, we returned to the kitchen to finish cleaning up. All of a sudden, mom is going astonishingly fast! She rips past me at tortoise speed before grabbing hold of the counter and slowing down.(If you have ever seen a tortoise in real life, you would know, they look kind of *out of control* when they run... And they are actually not as slow as everyone says they are.) Sloan, standing behind me, giggles, "wow mom, why were you going so fast?"
Mom looks back at us with a huge, embarrassed grin on her face, "Um, I was out of control... I was falling..." At this, me and Sloan fall into a fit of hooting and howling because, really, she wasn't going *that* fast... Only as fast as a tortoise. (The small one)
Hmm, after reading this over, I think I should make something a little more clear... My mom is getting good at crutches, just not *that* good..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you are mean.
ReplyDeleteHeeHee!!! very funny! LOL and the video clip was hilarious!!! Your mom is WAY cuter though!
ReplyDelete