Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blessed

Today was one of those days (or maybe I was just in the mood from Friday... Which was also one of those days) where you're just thankful for people.

My church is kinda awesome.

I love my friends there. They're great. I love that we have fun together, bug each other and laugh. A lot. But we support each other, too, and I know they are there for me when I need them. I like watching movies with them. I like just sitting on the floor of the church hanging out with them. I like sitting in their vehicle outside my house talking to them. (you know who you are ;) I like eating junk food and staying up till midnight doing nothing with them. I like playing music with them. I like singing with them. I just like them. :)



I love that there are people that I look up to in the church. Spiritually, but also in their/my talents and interests. Like music. Or whatever else. People like my mentor. Or my youth leaders. Or the pastors. Or the worship leaders. I could go on. :)

I love 'my kids' there. My Sunday school class that I get to influence.

You know, I think a lot of the time when people talk about communities, they talk about how thankful they are for the people that mentor and influence them. But I think its as important to be thankful for the people YOU get to mentor and influence. Yeah, maybe I'm not the perfect example. But I think sometimes (For me, anyway) realizing that the group of nine year old girls I teach every week look up to ME the same way I look up to my youth leaders or my mentor, it challenges me to be better more than a lot of other things.

Actually, I love all the kids. I led worship today, and ALL the kids actually sang (loudly), did the actions, were enthusiastic and had fun. It totally encourages me every time. It took a lot of effort to get that to happen.
I love that I got to lead with other people that have almost as much fun as I do. I love that my friend played piano with me, that the music pastor got to come play with the kids this week, that my brother got to play the drum, that my little team helped lead the other kids and that I asked my friends to help me teach the actions to a new song. And they did. ;)

Today, the Sunday school lesson was all about co-operation and helping each other. :)

Today was a day where everything just seemed to happen right. I needed a day like that to remind me how blessed I am.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving' your "new" blog....but most of all, loving' Christ in you--beautiful, beautiful. I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete