falling in love and seeking Your truth
knowing that Your perfect grace
has brought me to this place.
Because of You I freely live,
My life to You oh, God, I give
So I stand before You, God
I lift my voice cause you set me free.
So I shout out Your name,
from the rooftops I proclaim
That I am Yours. I am Yours.
I am His.
And not in the "I go to church, so I'm a Christian!" kind of way, either.
I PERSONALLY belong to Him! He has claimed me, and made me His own.
How sweet is THAT?
At Tehillah, we sang the above song, and one line kind of struck me.
"All that I am, I place into Your loving hands, and I am Yours."
And at first, I kind of thought, "Didn't God like, create the whole world, including me? Soo, doesn't He already have 'all that I am' ? What do I have to give?"
But sometimes we (I) try to live our lives by ourselves. Do you ever feel like you're holding back from God, cause you're scared of what might happen if you let Him take over completely, even for a minute? Scared of how He might move you in ways you've never been moved before? Cause who KNOWS what might happen, then!
So we hold on for dear life, not giving up that tiny thread of control.
When really, God already has us. He's just waiting for us to WILLINGLY take everything that we are, and place it in His hands. His what hands? His loving hands.
Then what is there to be scared of?
Nothing.
So I'll shout out Your name, from the rooftops I proclaim, I AM YOURS.
And all that I am, I place into Your loving hands, and I AM YOURS.
This is thrilling to me Cairo!
ReplyDeleteTrust Him no matter what.