Why haven't I been posting lately?
I've been a little busy...
I got called home from work on Thursday to attend the birth of my tiniest brother.
I had exams last week.
Work has been getting crazy as we enter the summer months...
My city is flooded... I'm thankful to be safe and dry, but disappointed that most of my plans for the weekend (and who knows how much of next week) have been cancelled.
At the beginning of the week, I felt like so many things I had been waiting for were here. I finished school. The baby was born. Everything was coming together. Its summer and now I have control of my life.
And then it rained. And rained. And the rivers started getting angry. And plans I thought were made were unable to happen. Things I had stressed about and rearranged my schedule to accommodate were gone.
It just shows how much I'm actually not in control of my life, doesn't it? And I'm probably one of the least affected people by this flood. Some people are out of their homes. Not me.
So my reasons for being upset are kind of petty, aren't they?
So, I'm going to try to abandon my disappointment over the flood. I'm still praying for those in need and blown away by the amount of water everywhere... But past my own little disappointments of cancelled plans and missing people who live close but far enough to be unreachable because of the flooding, here's a happy little story:
When Elmer was born, he was born to the sound of hundreds of people singing, "Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me..." over and over...
I love that.
The lyrics to that song are one of the biggest truths I have come to realize in the past year-ish. And at Tehillah, when we sang this song last week, and the worship leader said to declare it over your whole life, "In death, in life, I'm confident and covered by the power of Your great love. My debt is paid, there's nothing that can separate my heart from Your great love."
And I thought... What a beautiful declaration to be born listening to.
It took me almost 16 years before I started to really *get* this concept... And I think I'm still discovering it more every day and I hope that I'll only keep discovering it more every day till the day I die.
But I love that Elmer was born to that. Born to the declaration that, "There's nothing that can separate my heart from Your great love."
No matter what floods happen in your life, always remember the song you were born too... One thing remains, little dude.
Sunday, June 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations on finishing homeschool, Cairo! So excited to see the path that God has laid before you :)
ReplyDeleteinspiring words from the heart of a beautiful girl...
ReplyDelete