"They say Aslan is on the move."
And going into this year, I can't help but believe it, too.
Where to begin?
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to start by reviewing 2013 or talking about the new year before us!
I don't have a New Years Resolution.
I have a couple goals for the year that I suppose could fall into that category, but I'm not labeling them that.
This year I want to graduate.
I want to start my college education.
I want to change the lives of those around me.
I want to encourage.
I want to learn - beyond the last semester of high school and the first of college.
I want to read the entire Bible in as short an amount of time as I can. (I'm aiming to start the day school ends and read cover to cover before August - under 40 days. Wish me luck! I'm prepared to read for hours every day. haha!)
I want to unleash, in a way new to me, this passion that's building up inside of me.
But instead of New Years *resolutions*... What about a New Years set of beliefs? One of the pastors at Tehillah encouraged us to do this, with his theme verse being, "I believe; help my unbelief." (Mark 9:24)
Could there be a more beautiful theme verse for entering a new year? I think not.
Not that I'm changing what I believe this year, just a reevaluating.
To list everything would take too long and I doubt anyone would actually read to the bottom, but here's a couple:
This year, stepping into 2014, I believe in prayer.
I believe in love.
I believe that God is good.
I believe that greater things are yet to come.
I believe "Aslan" is on the move.
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment