Monday, December 30, 2013

Death

When I was younger, I had anxiety about death and the end of the world.

I broke down to my mom one night, and she told me to pray for peace.

So every night when I could feel panic rising, I would.

And it took awhile before I actually felt the peace I was pleading for. But one day, I realized I wasn't worried anymore.

The world could have ended right then. I was ready.

Maybe that's why, now, I'm always attracted to songs about deaths defeat.

There's this one song on the Tides album (Bethel Music) and it has this line, "Now death where is your sting? Our resurrected King has rendered you defeated."

I love that. I feel like Brian Johnson is looking death straight in the eye and defying it when he sings it. A "punch in the face", if you will.

I love that.

I'm on the winning side.
(I, after writing this, found a video of Brian Johnson calling this song a "punch in the face to the devil... In a really good way." We're in the same mindset, me and Mr. Johnson. haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment